Research Internship Opportunity
Centre for the Study for Labour and Mobility (CESLAM)
is seeking to hire
as part of the capacity-building initiative on labour migration under
the South Asia Centre for Labour Mobility and Migrants (SALAM)
South Asia Centre for Labour Mobility and Migrants (SALAM) is a knowledge hub for labour migration supported by the ILO, IOM, and UN Women, with the following participating institutions:
- Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit (RMMRU), Bangladesh,
- International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), India,
- Centre for the Study of Labour and Mobility (CESLAM), Nepal,
- Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI), Pakistan, and
- Institute of Policy Studies of Sri Lanka (IPS), Sri Lanka.
The primary objectives of the knowledge hub are to address knowledge gaps on labour migration in the five South Asian countries—Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka—by conducting research and publishing on issues related mainly to labour migration.
Number of positions: Two
Term: Six months on a full-time basis (and depending on performance the possibility of being hired as a full-time research assistant at CESLAM)
Duty Station: Social Science Baha, Battisputali, Kathmandu
Stipend: Rs 24,000 per month
- Support the knowledge hub on its key activities
- Conduct research including literature review and data analysis on topic related to labour migration and contribute to the knowledge hub by writing a paper on the topic
- Work under the supervision of senior researchers from CESLAM and work collaboratively with researchers from other collaborating institutions.
Required qualifications and skills
- Completed Master’s degree (within the past two years)
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English and Nepali
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team
- Commitment to work for a minimum of six months
- The position is available to Nepali nationals only.
- Interested candidates are requested to fill out the form available here and send it along with a cover letter expressing their intent to apply by 20 March 2022, to [email protected].
- The selection process will consist of both a written test and an oral interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in the later stages of the selection process.