Author(s): Rajita Dhungana & Jeevan Baniya
Year of Publication: 2022
Published by: CESLAM
This paper discusses eight regional and international processes and frameworks related to labour and migration that Nepal is part of, namely:
• Abu Dhabi Dialogue
• Colombo Process
• South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
• Bali Process (on People Smuggling, Trafficking in Persons and Related Transnational Crime)
• Sustainable Development Goals
• Global Forum on Migration and Development
• Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration, and
• Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
It provides brief backgrounds and objectives of these initiatives as well as recent developments within while also illustrating the extent of Nepal’s involvement and
achievements in them.